we want to make sure that you understand and accept iso’s copyright and data protection policy since your agreement is required for you to participate in iso activities. this declaration explains what you agree to.
you may participate in drafting iso and iso/iec standards and you may submit content to the iso and iso/iec standards development process. by participating in the iso standards development process you get access to all kinds of information filed during this process such as standards and their drafts, content, etc. content can be any kind of content submitted in the standards development process, such as publications, documents, text, figures, images, software, etc., to be considered for inclusion in iso and iso/iec standards. you agree that:
1) the full copyright in all iso standards and their drafts shall be owned by iso. in the case of iso/iec standards, such ownership shall be held jointly by iso and iec.
2) content, such as publications, documents, text, figures, images or other content that you submit to the iso or iso/iec standards development process may be copyright protected. copyright in such content remains with the initial copyright owner. if you offer such content, you undertake to declare this to iso or iso/iec, identify the name of the copyright holder and assist iso or iso/iec in obtaining appropriate permission to i) share the content in the standards development process, ii) to publish the content, or parts thereof, in original or modified form in iso or iso/iec standards and iii) to exploit the content as part of an iso or iso/iec standard according to iso and iec practice. if you or the organization you are representing own/s the copyright in the content, such permission is implicitly granted to iso or iso/iec, upon submission of the content to the standards development process. more details about the scope of the above permission are available at connect.l720l.com/x/sybgaq.
3) you agree to respect copyright in the standards, draft standards, and content of others submitted to the standards development process. you are allowed to share the standards and drafts thereof within the standards development process according to iso's copyright policy, pocosa. pocosa does not permit you to post standards and drafts thereof on the internet for free public access.
4) participation in the drafting of the standards, and content to the standards development process, are provided without any payment by iso or iec to you or any third party.
5) full copyright includes but is not limited to the exclusive right of reproduction, distribution, making available to the public, translation, adaptation, in any existing or future electronic or printed format, for the entire term of copyright protection.
ii. data protection
iso and its members are bound by an iso policy protecting the personal data of everyone participating in the iso system. by participating in iso activities (e.g. accessing it tools, attending meetings) you agree that:
1) your personal data may be collected, used, shared, and archived for standardization and related activities in the world with a view (i) to facilitating international exchange of goods and services and (ii) to developing cooperation in the spheres of intellectual, scientific, technological and economic activity. personal data includes: name, e-mail address(es), postal address(es), telephones number(s), national role, member body affiliation, stakeholder category). essentially, this means that your data will be shared to help you collaborate with others. it will not be used for commercial purposes without your explicit consent.
2) your personal data may be accessed, transferred and used in countries with laws that may not guarantee the same level of data protection as in your own country or switzerland (where the iso central secretariat is based).
3) you will only use any personal data of others that you obtain to support standards development work. you must not use it for commercial purposes except with the specific consent of the person concerned.
4) iso uses software to monitor our web sites and it applications for operational purposes. we use google analytics to help us understand how you engage with our web sites and it applications so that we can improve them. google analytics collects information anonymously and allows us to look at trends without identifying individual users. nevertheless, if you want to opt-out of google analytics you can install a plug-in to your browser.
iv. end of participation
you remain bound by these obligations even after your participation in standards development work ends.
v. applicable law
the law applicable to this agreement shall be exclusively swiss law.
vi. arbitration/place of jurisdiction
any dispute or claim arising in relation to this agreement shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the swiss rules of international arbitration of the swiss chambers of commerce in force on the date when the notice of arbitration is submitted in accordance with these rules. the number of arbitrators shall be one. the seat of the arbitration shall be geneva, switzerland. the arbitral proceedings shall be conducted in english.
any questions? first contact the organization that appointed you. then, if you need more help, please contact email@example.com for copyright issues and the iso firstname.lastname@example.org for data protection issues.